Rhassoul Clay Part 2

I finally used the rhassoul clay last Saturday. I mixed it with rose water and also added some essential oils to make a thick(ish) paste. I didn't use measurements, I just eyeballed it. I put my hair in sections, wet it in the shower, used a T-shirt to blot out excess water and then applied the mask.

The rhassoul clay on my hair.
 
My period came that day so I didn't really pay massive attention to my hair after I washed out the mask. However with the bentonite clay I noticed the difference instantly. My curls "popped" and my hair felt soft and smooth. With this mask I only noticed that my hair was clean (since I had pre-pooed it the night before with macadmia and castor oil). I didn't notice any considerable difference. 

I have also used it on my face this week (a mix of rhassoul and water) and noticed that it doesn't work in the same way as it does when I do the bentonite clay/acv mix.

I do wonder though, what effects I would have if I mixed the clay with apple cider vinegar, rather than just rosewater/water. In the past, when I would experiment with mixing bentonite clay with oils and water, I found that I had less noticeable effects than when I did the clay with ACV alone. 

I didn't really think to mix the rhassoul clay with apple cider vinegar originally because most recipes that I'd seen using it only used water or rosewater. 

I'm not going to be using clay on my hair till next month now, so I'll let you know what happens after I try it with the ACV. 

Has anyone used rhassoul clay with apple cider vinegar before?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhassoul Clay

My Hair Journey